Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall of 2013 and What Was Accomplished This Year

I have made a pact with myself to keep my blog up to date. I often think that I really don't have too much to say and nothing very interesting happens here, but that is not true. Week by week and month by month, there is a lot happening on the farm. I don't know how many are interested, but even for ourselves it will be a benefit to keep it updated.

We had an excellent lambing season this Spring. Our mule ewes produced well and we had good growth on our lambs up until mid summer.

This is one ewes story. Wish I had a picture of her two lambs at weaning time, because they looked great and weighed about 75-80 lbs at 3 months. This ewe is 4 yrs old and has done a good job every year. 

Coming into the barn to lamb
 (on her own. She knows the routine)

Would like to be left alone
thank you very much.
About 2 hrs later a successful delivery with no interference
from me
Same ewe about 2 months later. Two very nice lambs


No comments:

Post a Comment